so, i don't know about you, but Labor Day weekend has always seemed like one big Sayonora and one big welcome to the new fall season. must be something psychological because temperature-wise here in the South, it still feels like summertime - which makes me even more anxious for knee high boots, hot apple cider, and cozy evenings where a warm blanket wraps around my cold-blooded body (i swear, i'm always cold).
but the pace of the summer months have carried over into the early days of September. and in the midst of busyness, my mind tends to go on the random route when i am not on my steady roll to complete my to-do list.
1. for example, i keep thinking about this delicious plate of pancakes i ordered from IHOP last weekend at Ashley's birthday party. we are talking IHOP's buttermilk pancakes, sprinkled with chocolate chips, with a large glass of 2% milk. makes me one happy camper.
2. and speaking of Ashley's birthday - she got this gorgeous guitar from our other sister and brother-in-law (find them here at their blog, Colorful Reality) and has been serendaing the family every night! i am so excited for her because when i was back in high school, i tried to learn guitar and it just didn't work out. sad face. so i have high hopes that we are looking at the next Taylor Swift singing the teardrops off her guitar. and am i the only one who's mind is officially blown with how many resources are online for people to self-teach guitar?!
3. you may already know that i am a nerd. we are going to take it yet to another level, folks. to my brothers and sisters of the 90's will know what a tamagotchi is. well, i had like oh, 8 of them at one time. we lived in Japan while the trend was still hot and popular, so it was super easy to go overboard with our virtual pets. so...not gonna lie, around 1am last night (don't ask me why i was so wide-awake last night - i don't even know), when i discovered this app, i was beyond giddy. it doesn't fully satisfy me like those little plastic eggs used to but my little tama-droid (get it?) is too cute and fun to resist!
4. and over the weekend, i got to meet-up for coffee with one of my best friends (some of you may know her as Ashley from Run With Me). it was one of those coffee dates that was not long enough at all. time we spend together is never long enough. i truly wish that she and i lived in the same city. we used to - way back when we were in elementary school, trading Babysitter Club books, writing handwritten short stories, giggling in Sunday School class together, and planning the world's coolest craft club (we were obsessed with painting and baking sour dough!). love you, Ashley!
5. and last but not least, i have more designs for my Fall 2012 shop line and had another photo shoot - this time with these two adorable models and friends of mine! i am very excited about the new designs and the photos themselves! cannot wait to show you all - the products will debut in the shop this Friday, September 7th. and speaking of the shop, i just wanted to thank everyone for their continued support of my little shop. every sale is a blessing and i could not pursue all of this without YOU!